Sunday, August 12, 2007

Stew Mac Diaries 13

Well it has been a crazy week or so since my last entry.

This coming week is the "O-bon" holiday in Japan where people return to their ancestral homeland to visit family graves and welcome the spirits of the dead back among the living for a week. There are all kinds of festivals with fireworks, dancing, barbecues, you name it. This alsom means that every possible means of transportation is twice as expensive and four times as crowded. Needless to say, the Kanagawa G family will be staying put.


I woke up this morning to find that I am covered in some strange kind of itchy, watery blister. At first I thought it was a few bug bites, but was surprised (and shocked) to find myself covered in them. BOY DOES IT ITCH! What a way to start a week off! Seeing as it is Sunday, the skeleton crew at the local hospital wasn't much help and I will visit a dermatologist tomorrow if they are open (it's a holiday- remember?). Not fun. Not fun at all.


I took my mind off my itchy red bumpy friends this afternoon by trimming the back braces, applying the label and gluing the body together. If all goes well, I'll be trimming the body and working on the fretboard tomorrow.


See you next time (scratch, scratch)


Kanagawa G

No comments: